Illinois State University
First Vice President
University of Mississippi
Second Vice President
University of Cincinnati
Immediate Past President
Florida State University
Past SRIA Presidents
|Ken Black||1968 – 1969||Georgia State University|
|Ray Solomon||1969 – 1970||Florida State|
|Bill Dotterweich||1970 – 1971||Tennessee|
|John Stinton||1971 – 1972||South Carolina|
|Linda Fletcher||1972 – 1973||Louisiana State|
|Bob Cline||1973 – 1974||Florida|
|Stuart Schwarzschild||1974 – 1975||Georgia State University|
|Finley Lee||1975 – 1976||North Carolina|
|Travis Pritchett||1976 – 1977||South Carolina|
|Bob Marshall||1977 – 1978||Florida State|
|Susan Phillips||1978 – 1979||Iowa|
|John Lewis||1979 – 1980||Florida State|
|Larry Gaunt||1980 – 1981||Georgia State University|
|Jerry Todd||1981 – 1982||Texas|
|Jim Trieschmann||1982 – 1983||University of Georgia|
|Claude Lilly||1983 – 1984||Florida State|
|John Thornton||1984 – 1985||University of North Texas|
|Bruce Palmer||1985 – 1986||Georgia State University|
|Joe Johnson||1986 – 1987||North Carolina – Greensboro|
|Richard Corbett||1987 – 1988||Florida State|
|George Flanigan||1988 – 1989||North Carolina – Greensboro|
|Sandra Gustavson||1990 – 1991||University of Georgia|
|Phyllis Myers||1991 – 1992||Virginia Commonwealth|
|E. G. Miller||1992 – 1993||Virginia Commonwealth|
|Harold D. Skipper, Jr.||1993 – 1994||Georgia State University|
|Larry A. Cox||1994 – 1995||University of Georgia|
|Jack Nelson||1995 – 1996||College of Insurance|
|Helen Doerpinghaus||1996 – 1997||South Carolina|
|Robert E. Hoyt||1997 – 1998||University of Georgia|
|Carol A. B. Jordan||1998 – 1999||Northeast Louisiana University|
|David D. Wood||1999 – 2000||Appalachian State University|
|Kevin L. Eastman||2000 – 2001||Florida State University|
|Pat F. Maroney||2001 – 2002||Florida State University|
|Brenda F. Wells||2002 – 2003||University of North Texas|
|John Bratton||2003 – 2004||University of Central Arkansas|
|David Sommer||2004 – 2005||University of Georgia|
|Lee Colquit||2005 – 2006||Auburn University|
|Bill Ferguson||2006 – 2007||University of Louisiana-Lafayette|
|Randy Dumm||2007 – 2008||Florida State University|
|Karen Epermanis||2008 – 2009||Appalachian State University|
|Kathleen McCullough||2009 – 2010||Florida State University|
|Ryan Lee||2010 – 2011||University of Calgary|
|Cassandra R. Cole||2011 – 2012||Florida State University|
|Lars Powell||2012 – 2013||University of Arkansas — Little Rock|
|Andre Liebenberg||2013 – 2014||University of Mississippi|
|Faith Neale||2014 – 2015||UNC Charlotte|
|David Eckles||2015 – 2016||University of Georgia|
|Lorilee Medders||2016 – 2017||Florida State University|
|Joe Ruhland||2017 – 2018||Georgia Southern University|
|Kevin Gatzlaff||2018 – 2019||Ball State University|
|Charles Nyce||2019 – 2020||Florida State University|
|Mary Kelly||2020 – 2021||Wilfrid Laurier University|
|Brad Karl||2021 – 2022||Florida State University|
- Preside over the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors.
- Preside over the Business Meeting scheduled during the Annual Meeting.
- Host President’s reception at the Annual Meeting.
- Coordinate the responsibilities of the Officers and Directors.
- Appoint committees as needed.
- Determine the members of the nominations committee. The chair of the committee is the Immediate Past President.
- Advertise to ARIA and other organizations to encourage their members to attend SRIA Annual Meeting.
- Remind officers and directors of time and place of Board of Directors’ meeting.
- Notify candidates of election results. Invite new officer and directors to the Board of Directors meeting.
First Vice President
- Assume duties of President in the event of resignation or incapacity.
- Obtain token of appreciation for outgoing President.
- Present token of appreciation at the Annual Meeting.
- Negotiate Annual Meeting arrangements for next year’s Annual Meeting.
- Solicit donations (primarily from academic sources).
- Update SRIA Meeting Sponsors on website
- Solicit donations, forward checks to Secretary/Treasurer.
- Confirm hotel arrangements and pricing.
- Confirm prices for luncheon, breaks, AV equipment, etc. and transfer information to Secretary/Treasurer so that meeting budget can be prepared.
- Get room assignment names and final list of contributors and give to Second Vice President for final program preparation.
- Meet with hotel convention personnel the day before the Annual Meeting to review room assignments, breaks, audio visual needs, and the luncheon arrangements.
- Check meeting rooms before and at the beginning of each session to make sure that set up is correct.
- Settle the account with the hotel at the completion of the Annual Meeting.
- Forward final bill to Secretary/Treasurer so that final financial report of Annual Meeting can be prepared.
- Complete hotel arrangements with the selected hotel for next year’s Annual Meeting.
- Begin work on schedule of events. Update SRIA Meeting Sponsors on website.
Second Vice President
- Construct the program and assemble presentations for the Annual Meeting.
- Coordinate the needs of the program for the Annual meeting with the First Vice President who is responsible for interacting with the hotel.
- Determine alternative hotels for the site of the next Annual Meeting.
- Monitor the SRIA website for content, making certain that items on the site are current and accurate.
- Contact potential hotels in the city selected as the site for next year’s Annual Meeting.
- Mail call for papers for the next Annual Meeting.
- Make sure hotel and registration information is posted to SRIA website.
- Paper proposals due.
- Notify applicants regarding whether their papers are accepted.
- Determine the moderators and presenters for the plenary and concurrent sessions.
- Write to members encouraging attendance at the Annual Meeting.
- Email registration information to membership. Be sure to note registration deadline and fee differences for early registration.
- Set up meeting pre-registration system in conjunction with Secretary/Treasurer to provide attendance and function guarantee information. Coordinate with Secretary/Treasurer for annual dues collection.
- At the Board Meeting, present alternative hotels for next year’s meeting.
- Prepare a short write-up of the SRIA annual meeting and send to the ARIA Newsletter for publication.
- Place notice in JRI, JIR, and RMIR regarding a call for papers.
- Maintain membership roster, including phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
- Keep the files of correspondence and official records.
- Take minutes of all meetings.
- Manage deposits and disbursements.
- Compile a spreadsheet with the mailing addresses of SRIA members who paid their JII with the SRIA dues. Add to the spreadsheet the mailing addresses of supported PhD students. Send the list to WRIA by the end of January. Notify WRIA of additional JII subscriptions after submission of the spreadsheet.
- Make payment to WRIA for JII subscription costs for SRIA members and supported PhD students by the end of January. Make payment to WRIA for additional JII subscriptions after January as they occur.
- Conduct elections, obtain nominees from the Immediate Past President.
- Present financial reports at the Board of Directors Meeting and the Annual Business Meeting.
- Monitor the SRIA Website for content, making certain that items on the site are current and accurate.
- Prepare receipts for conference attendees.
- Manage the SRIA listserv.
- Accept transfer of funds from prior Secretary/Treasurer. (Most or all of these funds are to be deposited in an interest bearing account)
- Compile a spreadsheet with the mailing addresses of SRIA members who paid their JII subscription with the SRIA dues. Add to the spreadsheet the mailing addresses of supported PhD students. Send the list to WRIA. Send a check to WRIA for JII subscription costs for SRIA members and supported PhD students.
- After settling the bills for the Annual meeting, transfer funds and records to the new Secretary/Treasurer.
- Prepare final report of the financial performance of the Annual Meeting. Mail draft of meeting minutes, plus final income statement and meeting financial results to officers and board members.
- Send out notice of dues to members not paying in conjunction with the Annual Meeting. Membership is for a calendar year.
- File Form 990 with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Prepare a copy of updated membership roll and send to all SRIA officers.
- Mail the election ballots to the members with instructions to return the officers and directors ballot to the Immediate Past President.
- Set up meeting pre-registration system and coordinate with Second Vice President to register members for the meeting, collect dues, and provide attendance information.
- Prepare name tags for Annual Meeting registrants and plenary speakers. Prepare name tents for plenary speakers.
Immediate Past President
- Chair the nominations committee and produce a slate of candidates for election to the Board of Directors.
- Confer with the President regarding who to invite as members of the nominations committee.
- Confer with nominations committee regarding potential candidates for the Board of Directors.
- Confirm with each candidate his or her willingness to participate in the election.
- Inform the Secretary/Treasurer of the nominees for: President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer, and two members of the Board of Directors.
- Count the ballots and inform the President of the results.